1 hr 10 mins
This is in response to a request. This comes from the Ball Blue Book.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roast red peppers under broiler or on grill until skin is charred.
- 2Place in a paper bag and fold over the top of the bag.
- 3Let cool in bag 15 minutes.
- 4Roast tomatoes, garlic and onion under broiler or on grill for 10-15 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat and place tomatoes in a paper bag, fold over top and let cool for 15 minutes.
- 6Peel garlic and onion.
- 7Finely mince garlic and set aside.
- 8Finely mince onion: measure 1/4 cup and set aside.
- 9Peel and seed peppers and tomatoes.
- 10Puree in a food processor or blender.
- 11Combine all ingredients in a large saucepot and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to prevent sticking.
- 12Reduce heat and simmer until spread thickens.
- 13Ladle hot spread into hot half pint jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- 14Adjust two-piece caps and process 10 minutes in a boiling water canner.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Red Pepper Spread (for Canning)
Serving Size: 1 (3436 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.4
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 988.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.8 g
- Sugars 57.4 g
- Protein 13.1 g