Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is in response to a request. This comes from the Ball Blue Book.
Make and share this Roasted Red Pepper Spread (for Canning) recipe from Food.com.
- Roast red peppers under broiler or on grill until skin is charred.
- Place in a paper bag and fold over the top of the bag.
- Let cool in bag 15 minutes.
- Roast tomatoes, garlic and onion under broiler or on grill for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place tomatoes in a paper bag, fold over top and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Peel garlic and onion.
- Finely mince garlic and set aside.
- Finely mince onion: measure 1/4 cup and set aside.
- Peel and seed peppers and tomatoes.
- Puree in a food processor or blender.
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepot and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to prevent sticking.
- Reduce heat and simmer until spread thickens.
- Ladle hot spread into hot half pint jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Adjust two-piece caps and process 10 minutes in a boiling water canner.