Simple directions for roasting red peppers
Make and share this Roasted Red Bell Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 450F degrees.
- Wash peppers and cut in half.
- Remove seeds and stems.
- Place upside down (skin side up) on a cookie sheet coated with olive oil spray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or so, until skin of pepper is seriously black.
- Make sure there are no sparks or actively burning ashes on the peppers and place peppers in a brown bag for about 10-15 minutes. This steams the peppers so the skins easily peel off. Rinsing peppers takes away all the roasted flavor, so don't let me catch you doing that.
- Let cool so you can touch them.
- Skin will peel off easily.
- Cut halves into strips, or however you need them to be cut.
- Now you know how to roast a red pepper!
- Good for: Chicken, cheese sauces, tomato sauces, topped on foccacia bread, or a million other things!
- You can also roast a pepper by placing it directly on the burner of a gas stove (NOT ELECTRIC!) turning with tongs every few minutes till skin is black. Continue with paper bag step.