1/9 Photos of Roasted Red Bell Peppers
Simple directions for roasting red peppers
My Private Note
- 1Heat oven to 450F degrees.
- 2Wash peppers and cut in half.
- 3Remove seeds and stems.
- 4Place upside down (skin side up) on a cookie sheet coated with olive oil spray.
- 5Bake for 10-15 minutes or so, until skin of pepper is seriously black.
- 6Make sure there are no sparks or actively burning ashes on the peppers and place peppers in a brown bag for about 10-15 minutes. This steams the peppers so the skins easily peel off. Rinsing peppers takes away all the roasted flavor, so don't let me catch you doing that.
- 7Let cool so you can touch them.
- 8Skin will peel off easily.
- 9Cut halves into strips, or however you need them to be cut.
- 10Now you know how to roast a red pepper!
- 11Good for: Chicken, cheese sauces, tomato sauces, topped on foccacia bread, or a million other things!
- 12You can also roast a pepper by placing it directly on the burner of a gas stove (NOT ELECTRIC!) turning with tongs every few minutes till skin is black. Continue with paper bag step.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Red Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 18.4
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 0.5 g