Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Anything with potatoes goes down well in my family.
Make and share this Roasted Potatoes With Spicy Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 6 potatoes, peeled cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt
- 425 g canned tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 pinch sugar
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Place potatoes in baking dish. Toss with oil, sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake in moderate oven (180 C) for 50 to 60 minutes until golden brown.
- Combine the rest of ingredients in saucepan. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Fold through potatoes, heat through.
Made this for dinner tonight and while it was quick and easy to put together, we found it a bit acidic and lacking in anything "spicy". I think a bit more sugar, a bit less wine and a good pinch of chilli would remedy those criticisms. A fresh herb to finish would be good too. We love wine and tomatoes, but this didn't quite do it for us.