1/14 Photos of Roasted Poblano and Roasted Garlic Salsa
My Private Note
12 oun ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large vidalia onion, onionsonion diced (3 cups)
- 1 habanero, very finely minced (can use more to kick up the heat)
- 1/2 head roasted garlic, Roasted Garlic & Pearl Onions With Herbs
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 8 cups diced tomatoes, seeds and liquid discarded
- 4 roasted poblano peppers, stemmed seeded and diced (1 cup, To make check out Roasted Fresh Chilies Like Poblanos Jalapenos Bell Peppers..)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
- fresh cilantro, minced (a mixture of the herbs as great as well)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 fresh lime juice (2 tablespoon)
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1In a large pot heat oil.
- 2Add onions and habanaro sprinkle with sugar cooking over medium heat for 5 minutes till lightly browned stirring often.
- 3Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes.
- 4Adjust seasoning and place in hot sterilized jars.
- 5Process in a hot water bath for 15 minutes to seal.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Poblano and Roasted Garlic Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (2151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.1
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1180.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 5.1 g