Wonderful for when you have a few green tomatoes on hand at the end of the season.
Make and share this Roasted Garlic Green Tomato Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- In an ungreased iron skillet or comal, roast the jalapenos over medium heat, turning frequently, until blistered and charred, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the jalapenos from the pan and soak them in a bowl of ice water, and when they have cooled, rub off the charred outer skin with your fingers and throw the skin away.
- Stem and deseed the chiles and dice them very fine, and set aside.
- Core the tomatoes and remove as many seeds as possible; cut into a fine dice and place in a bowl with all other ingredients; stir well to blend.
- Check seasoning in salsa and allow to sit for 1 hour or so before serving to develop flavor.