Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Wonderful for when you have a few green tomatoes on hand at the end of the season.
Make and share this Roasted Garlic Green Tomato Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- In an ungreased iron skillet or comal, roast the jalapenos over medium heat, turning frequently, until blistered and charred, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the jalapenos from the pan and soak them in a bowl of ice water, and when they have cooled, rub off the charred outer skin with your fingers and throw the skin away.
- Stem and deseed the chiles and dice them very fine, and set aside.
- Core the tomatoes and remove as many seeds as possible; cut into a fine dice and place in a bowl with all other ingredients; stir well to blend.
- Check seasoning in salsa and allow to sit for 1 hour or so before serving to develop flavor.
I did not get to try this exactly as written as I did not have all that I needed. I did not have cilantro and had to use cumin. I had Vidalia onion, not red. I forgot to roast/char the peppers. I chopped 4 small ones and then I remembered, so I charred one over an open flame and added it. I would give my variation 4 stars so I rate this at five as I am sure the cilantro would move it up a star.