1/1 Photo of Roasted Garlic Green Tomato Salsa
Sue Lau's Note:
Wonderful for when you have a few green tomatoes on hand at the end of the season.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In an ungreased iron skillet or comal, roast the jalapenos over medium heat, turning frequently, until blistered and charred, about 5-7 minutes.
- 2Remove the jalapenos from the pan and soak them in a bowl of ice water, and when they have cooled, rub off the charred outer skin with your fingers and throw the skin away.
- 3Stem and deseed the chiles and dice them very fine, and set aside.
- 4Core the tomatoes and remove as many seeds as possible; cut into a fine dice and place in a bowl with all other ingredients; stir well to blend.
- 5Check seasoning in salsa and allow to sit for 1 hour or so before serving to develop flavor.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Garlic Green Tomato Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (861 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.4
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1234.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 28.9 g
- Protein 9.2 g