Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
An easy way to cook home fried potatoes for a crowd. And yummy too! Adapted from Food Essential - Vegetables, by Olwyn Woodier. You can substitute 2 tablespoons dried rosemary for the fresh rosemary leaves if you prefer.
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh rosemary, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- salt and pepper
- 5 potatoes, large, scrubbed and cut in 1/2 inch thick slices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine oil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper in large bowl.
- Add potato slices and turn them until throughly coated with the dressing.
- Arrange in baking dish, slightly overlapping each slice.
- Place in the oven and bake for 60 minutes until golden crisp.
I really enjoyed the potatoes sliced this way. They were very crispy on the outside, yet soft on the inside. Perfection. Thank you.
Delicious and easy-to-make potatoes that cater for many taste buds. I 'borrowed' some fresh rosemary from a neighbour's front yard and made these for a group of exchange students from Brazil, Sweden, Germany, France and Japan. They loved them. Me, too! Yummo!