Essential for every home! Golden tender sweet cloves of garlic can be used in many recipe or spread on bread. Stored in the refrigerator is my quick to get garlic oil and roasted garlic for daily uses. When using only the oil replace with enough to keep the cloves covered. I use rosemary on my garlic I leave the herb option to your taste. Try thyme, oregano, or a mix. I purchase the containers of already peeled garlic for ease. Adjust amounts of garlic to your usage. Will last 2 weeks in the coldest part of your refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cloves on cookie sheet in a single layer .
- Lightly coat garlic cloves in olive oil.
- Toss with herbs and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 15 minutes toss then roast for 15-20 more minutes or until garlic is soft.
- Place in an airtight glass container with enough olive oil to cover.
- Refrigerate garlic is coldest part of your refrigerator.
This smelled so good roasting! Just seasoned with salt and pepper and they were perfect. I sauteed some potatoes in the oil which gave them a nice flavor, and used some of the garlic on toasted french bread. Made for Hustle and Bustle in Dec 2011.
Made this today for New Kids on the Block tag game. This was so easy and simple...I am excited to let you know how the garlic and oil went. It smells delicious and looks wonderful. I did add some fresh rosemary for the herbs. Thank you Rita.