1/9 Photos of Roasted Garbanzo Beans/Chickpeas
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
These are addictive little snacks. Crunchy and flavorful BUT actually good for you too! The spicier you get these the better imho! Plus, spicy foods are supposed to increase your metabolism! A reviewer said these made their mouth dry- Guess they might also increase my water intake! :) Make sure to get them good and dry before baking and they will cook more quickly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain garbanzo's in a strainer and rinse well with cool water. Shake to help remove water. Let sit to drain while proceeding.
- 2Cover a rimmed cookie sheet or shallow casserole dish with cooking spray. Pour garbanzos on the foil and spread them into a single layer. Take a few sheets of paper towel and gently press over the top of the beans just to remove any extra liquid- speeds cooking time too.
- 3Spray top of beans with cooking spray and sprinkle seasonings over the beans. Shake pan to help distribute the seasoning and make sure the beans are all in a single layer.
- 4Place pan in an oven and set to 350 F- no need to preheat. Use lowest rack on oven and return every 15-20 minutes or so to shake the pan so nothing burns. Be gentle or they may spill over the sides. Cook until beans are browned and crispy. About 45 minutes.
- 5Remove from oven and pour into a plastic bowl with tight fitting lid to cool. Careful they are HOT to the touch!
- 6Snack away! Keep these stored in the bowl for best freshness or in a ziploc bag.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Garbanzo Beans/Chickpeas
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.5
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 317.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 5.2 g