Ladies of the Lake-eM Cee's Note:
Weight Watcher recipe. I haven't tried yet, but sure sounds great! 1 point
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium raw eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sweet cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 medium garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canned tomato paste
- 1 lb Italian bread, cut into thirty-two 1/2 oz slices
- 1Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- 2Arrange all ingredients, except tomato paste and bread slices, in bottom of a roasting pan; mix well to coat.
- 3Roast until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 40 minutes.
- 4Place eggplant mixture in a food processor and add tomato paste; pulse about 6 times until very small pieces form (do not puree until smooth).
- 5Toast bread slices.
- 6Spread 1 tablespoon of eggplant mixture on each bread slice and serve. Yields 1 per serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Eggplant (Aubergine) Crostini
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 47.7
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 160.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 1.5 g