Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the March/April 2002 issue of Cook's Illustrated. These are lovely!
Make and share this Roasted Baby Artichokes recipe from Food.com.
- Cut off the top quarter of each artichoke and snap off the fibrous outer leaves until you reach the yellow leaves.
- With a paring knife, trim the dark green exterior from the base of the artichoke as well as the exterior of the stem.
- Trim a thin slice from the end of the stem, then cut the artichoke in half, slicing from tip to stem.
- Drop the trimmed artichoke into a bowl of acidulated water until ready to cook.
- Drain the trimmed artichokes and toss with enough olive oil to coat lightly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and place cut-side down on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast in a 400°F oven, turning after 15 minutes, until artichokes can be easily pierced with a skewer, about 25 minutes total.
- While still hot, sprinkle with lemon juice and more salt to taste.