From the March/April 2002 issue of Cook's Illustrated. These are lovely!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut off the top quarter of each artichoke and snap off the fibrous outer leaves until you reach the yellow leaves.
- 2With a paring knife, trim the dark green exterior from the base of the artichoke as well as the exterior of the stem.
- 3Trim a thin slice from the end of the stem, then cut the artichoke in half, slicing from tip to stem.
- 4Drop the trimmed artichoke into a bowl of acidulated water until ready to cook.
- 5Drain the trimmed artichokes and toss with enough olive oil to coat lightly.
- 6Season with salt and pepper to taste and place cut-side down on a rimmed baking sheet.
- 7Roast in a 400°F oven, turning after 15 minutes, until artichokes can be easily pierced with a skewer, about 25 minutes total.
- 8While still hot, sprinkle with lemon juice and more salt to taste.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Baby Artichokes
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.4
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 360.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.7 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 12.5 g