1/1 Photo of Rich Roasted Veggie Stock
2 hrs 50 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
A basic, yet intensely flavourful recipe that forms a delicious bottom note for any vegetarian (or not!) soups, stews or rice dishes you care to make with it. Comes from the Fresh at Home cookbook by Ruth Tal Brown and Jennifer Houston. This is one of the best uses ever for shiitake mushroom stems!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Place carrots through mushroms on a foil-lined baking sheet. Pour 1/4 cup water overtop of the vegetables.
- 3Roast for 20 minutes.
- 4Scrape all vegetables and juices from the sheet into a large pot, add the 16 cups water, parsley and peppercorns.
- 5Bring stock to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- 6Cook, covered, 1 hour, then uncover and simmer 1 hour longer.
- 7Strain stock, discard solids and keep in fridge or freezer to store.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich Roasted Veggie Stock
Serving Size: 1 (605 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 33.8
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 50.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 1.6 g