Simple, and quick. This rice can be served on its own, as a side dish, or under stir-fried vegetables. From the Student's Vegetarian Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium nonstick skillet on medium heat, warm the oil.
- 2Add the corn, jalepino, and cumin; cover and cook on low heat for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Stir in the tomato, scallions, cilantro and rice.
- 4Cook on low heat for 3 to 5 minutes until hot.
- 5Stir occasionally.
- 6Add a dash or two of water if needed to prevent the rice from sticking.
- 7Salt to taste and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Veracruz
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.7
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 5.8 g