Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A recipe from Andrews Scenic Acres. Great to serve at barbecues and picnics. Cooking time does not include time to freeze and room temperature standing time.
- Combine the rhubarb, water and sugar in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil then reduce the heat.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until the rhubarb is tender.
- Cool for 30 minutes.
- Puree mixture in a food processor or blender, half at a time.
- Stir in the apple juice and lemonade.
- Pour into a freezer container, cover and freeze until firm.
- Let stand at room temperature for 45 minutes before serving.
- For individual servings, scoop 1/3 cup into a glass and fill with soda.
- To serve a group, place all of the mixture in a large pitcher or punch bowl, add soda, and stir.
- Add gin or vodka if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Not sure how this rhubarb lover missed recipes for rhubarb slush! Made two batches one with and one without the vodka. Made as posted. Both perfect to have in the freezer for those weekend cookouts.