Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
A recipe from Andrews Scenic Acres. Great to serve at barbecues and picnics. Cooking time does not include time to freeze and room temperature standing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups chopped fresh rhubarb or 3 cups frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 (2 liter) bottle carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- gin (optional) or vodka (optional)
- 1Combine the rhubarb, water and sugar in a saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil then reduce the heat.
- 3Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until the rhubarb is tender.
- 4Cool for 30 minutes.
- 5Puree mixture in a food processor or blender, half at a time.
- 6Stir in the apple juice and lemonade.
- 7Pour into a freezer container, cover and freeze until firm.
- 8Let stand at room temperature for 45 minutes before serving.
- 9For individual servings, scoop 1/3 cup into a glass and fill with soda.
- 10To serve a group, place all of the mixture in a large pitcher or punch bowl, add soda, and stir.
- 11Add gin or vodka if desired.
- 12Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Slush
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.4
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 22.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 28.4 g
- Protein 0.5 g