1/1 Photo of Rhubarb-Raisin Chutney
This is a sweet and tangy chutney, and goes wonderul with grilled meats, sliced ham steaks, pork dishes or chicken, and is so simple to make. This can be made up to 3 days ahead. If left in the fridge the flavors will intensify even more, so you might want to make this a day ahead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, bring the brown sugar, vinegar, water, ginger, lemon zest and cinnamon stick to a boil over high heat until sugar dissolves.
- 2Reduce heat to low; simmer for 5 minutes.
- 3Add in the rhubarb and raisins or currants; increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until the rhubarb is tender (about 6-7 minutes).
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Serve warm or cover and refrigerate.
- 6Rewarm slightly before using.
Browse Our Top Chutneys Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chutneys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb-Raisin Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.9
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 20.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 50.3 g
- Protein 1.2 g