Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a yummy pie that is so easy to make, just a few steps. It's nice to take to pot lucks or church events because it is so different. From the Company's Coming Cookbook series. Hope you enjoy!
- In large bowl measure 1st amount of sugar and flour, stir.
- Add rhubarb and pineapple, stir.
- Pour fruit mixture into unbaked pie shell.
- Moisten pastry rim and cover with top crust.
- Cut slits in top crust to let steam escape.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake in 350° oven on bottom rack for 50- 60 minutes until browned and rhubarb is cooked.
Per some reviewers' suggestions, I cut back to less than 1 cup of sugar; might even go down to 3/4 cup next time, since I think most pies have too much sugar in them, impairing one's ability to taste the fruit. This pie had really wonderful flavor -- several people commented that they liked it better than strawberry-rhubarb pie, and I think I would agree!
This pie is awesome!! A little too sweet for my taste. When i make it again (and again) I'm gunna cut down on the sugar a bit.
I've got a TON of rhubarb and always looking for new ways to use it. This was tasty and different. Sweet, but still tangy. Thanks for sharing.