1/1 Photo of Refried Black Bean Salad
Refereshing yet warm, with wonderful contrasts of texture and flavor. Healthy, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cooked black beans or 2 cups two cans black beans, liquids reserved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 -3 teaspoons diced garlic
- 2 -3 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- 2 teaspoons cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 leaves romaine lettuce
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups enriched rice, cooked
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1Heat the oil in a large skillet, add the garlic and onions and saute for 3 minutes.
- 2Add the spices, except the cilantro, and saute 2-3 minutes more.
- 3Add the beans and cilantro and cook for 10-15 minutes, mashing with a potato masher or back of a spoon intermittently until the onions, beans, spices, etc are one big mass.
- 4Add half the rice, mash into the the bean mixture.
- 5Mix the tomato, cucumber, romaine, and remaining rice.
- 6Add the warm bean mixture to the salad, carefully mix together.
- 7Serve immediately with spice, scallions, and/or tabasco to taste.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Refried Black Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 655.9
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 34.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 121.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.4 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 24.2 g