1/1 Photo of Refreshing Spinach & Chickpea Veggie Salad
This salad is very refreshing and versatile. It is perfect for those warm summer days. It is very light, but it may be moistened with some extra virgin olive oil or topped with cheese (feta would go nicely). I served it with toasted italian bread in a bruschetta like-way. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the spinach according to the directions on the package. Chop the cooked spinach if not packaged as chopped. Drain well.
- 2Mix the spinach, chickpeas, red bell-pepper, squash, cucumber, & chives in a bowl.
- 3Add the juice of 1/2 lemon (you may add more lemon juice or olive oil if desired).
- 4Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- 5Serve chilled or room temperature with toasted white bread splashed with olive oil and rubbed w/ garlic.
- 6Makes about 12 half cup servings.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Refreshing Spinach & Chickpea Veggie Salad
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 57.1
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 132.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 3.1 g