Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This red potato salad has an oil and vinegar dressing base with a kick of spice!
Make and share this Red Potato Salad... Spicy and Vegan (No Mayo or Nayo!) recipe from Food.com.
- 4 medium red potatoes
- 1 dill pickle
- 1 stalk celery
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard (regular mustard will do)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (Frank's, Cholula, etc.)
- Cut potatoes into bite size pieces and boil until cooked through.
- Finely chop your pickle, celery, red onion and bell pepper, then set aside.
- In a bowl big enough to fit your potatoes and chopped veggies mix the oil, vinegar, spices, mustard and hot sauce (I recommend adding more spice and mustard depending on your taste, I just pour spice in and I don't really measure).
- When potatoes are finished, drain the water in a colander and pour the cooked potatoes into the bowl with the oil and vinegar dressing you just prepared.
- Now add your chopped veggies in the potato bowl and mix everything together with a spoon carefully so as not to mash up the potatoes (or you can toss it with your hands). Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for a few hours until chilled or overnight. Serve chilled.
This was OK, just wasn't enough flavor or creaminess for me. The dressing itself was pretty good, but just didn't have what I was looking for. Thanks for posting!
Marvelous! I tripled the recipe because I had a big 5lb bag of red potatoes. I omitted the chili powder because I didn't have any, and used Dijon Nayonaise, as it is my favorite. It turns out excellently TANGY! Oh, wow, the TANG. I was iffy on the oil and vinegar--I've never made potato salad vegan style. But Kudos! It's great!