2 hrs 10 mins
Samuel Holden's Note:
Traditional Spanish peppers...Like my BF's grandmother makes :)) Also served as a Tapa (Pimientos del piquillo)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat your oven (sorry charishma -- ) to 250ºC and place the washed and dried peppers on a baking tray.
- 2Bake for about 2 hours (sometimes more sometimes less), until the skins come loose easily.
- 3Put the peeled garlic on the tray about halfway through, and don't let it burn!
- 4Remove all the skin.
- 5Place the peppers and the garlic in a clean, disinfected jar and cover in oil.
- 6Let them stand for a day or two in the fridge.
- 7Use in Spanish recipes, eat them on bread or have them with a tortilla.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Peppers in Oil
Serving Size: 1 (552 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.3
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 20.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 21.2 g
- Protein 8.6 g