This recipe always turns out rich, spicy and satisfying. Using curry paste (sold by the jar) makes it fast and simple to prepare.
- Carefully sift through the dry lentils and remove any tiny rocks.
- In a large pot, sauté onion with oil and curry paste until softened.
- Add rinsed lentils, water and optional tomato and cinnamon stick.
- Bring to a boil then simmer covered at a low boil for up to an hour until the lentils become creamy.
- Salt to taste.
- Serve as a soup or over rice.
- Source: Vegetarian Tastes of Toronto, p. 73.