This recipe is from the Feb. 2006 issue of Vegetarian Times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups thinly sliced red cabbage (about half of an average size head)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium sized cucumber, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger (optional)
- 1Mix cabbage with salt in medium bowl. Place plate on top of cabbage, and weight down with heavy can. Let stand 30 minutes to soften cabbage.
- 2Stir in cucumber, spinach, red bell pepper, and jalapeno.
- 3Mix vinegar, maple syrup and ginger, if using, in small bowl. Add to cabbage mixture, and mix well. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature to allow flavors to blend before serving.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Cabbage Coleslaw
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.4
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 609.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 2.0 g