Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
You would NEVER guess that this delicious frozen treat is made with tofu. Its a dieters delight and perfect for summer treats. Use low fat tofu and sugar substitute for even less calories.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen raspberries (do not thaw)
- 1 cup drained soft tofu
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- In food processor combine raspberries straight from the freezer, tofu, vanilla, and 1 T.sugar.
- Process until pureed and well blended, scraping down the sides if needed.
- Taste and add additional sugar if needed.
- Serve immediately in stemmed glass or dessert dishes.
Just reading it I think I'll try and add flavour by susbstituting maple syryp for the sugar (blends well too) and adding lime zest and juice. Have tried those with other raspberry dishes and it's a good combo.
Well, I don't think this would convince a tofu hater. But if you don't mind tofu then this is pretty good. I used splenda instead of sugar and firm silken tofu. It was a pretty color and my 3 year old and I each enjoyed a bowl for breakfast! One minor point, though. Don't try this in a blender. Did not work at all! :)
I added vanilla soymilk to smooth things up a bit and a little bit of powdered sugar. the dish was a pretty bright pink, I garnished the glass with a lime wedge. it was tart and sweet very raspberry. I crumbled some cookies at the bottom and top as well.