A zingy twist on raspberry jam from the University of New Mexico. Try this on your morning toast, as a glaze on chicken or pork or over a brick of cream cheese and served with crackers.
- Combine raspberries, green chile, pectin, water, and lemon juice in an 8-quart non-stick pan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add sugar all at once.
- Return mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Ladle hot jam into hot jars, leaving a 1/4-inch headspace.
- Place lids and screw on bands fingertip-tight.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes, adjusting processing time for elevation as necessary.