For me a chutney is a versatile condiment that can be used with almost any kind of meat, or as a spread or.... This one is no exception!
- 1 (16 ounce) can peach slices, drained
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup dried apricot, diced
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- In a large sauce pan, combine all the ingredients EXCEPT the almonds.
- Over high heat bring to a boil, then reduce heat & simmer uncovered about 15 minutes or until somewhat thickened.
- Remove from heat, & fold in almonds.
- Serve warm or chilled.