Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Sounds like a winner to me! Makes a 1 1/2 lb loaf
Make and share this Raisin Banana Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup water, plus
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup mashed banana
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- 1 -2 teaspoon milk (optional)
- 1 dash ground cinnamon (optional)
- Measure carefully, placing all ingredients in except raisins and glaze in bread machine in order recommended by manufacturer.
- Use sweet or basic/white cycle.
- Add raisins at raisin nut signal or 5 to 10 minutes before last kneading cycle ends.
- Remove baked bread from pan and cool on wire rack.
- Make glaze (optional): Mix all glaze ingredients until smooth and thin enough to drizzle.
- Drizzle over loaf.
American bread pans must be bigger than Australian ones or something. I only added 600g flour otherwise I would have gone over the limit with ingredients. This bread has a lovely consistency, is easily to cut and is very more-ish.
Delicious! I followed this recipe exactly and used the "sweet" setting on my bread machine. It made a beautiful 1 1/2 pound loaf. Will be great for PB&J, PB&Honey, PBH&Banana, cinnamon toast, PB toast, or french toast. This is my new favorite banana bread machine recipe.
I used the 2-hour instabread cycle on my Toastmaster (2-lb) machine, so had to make some adjustments. The first loaf I tried I just adjusted the yeast to 1 tablespoon, and it flopped spectularly - uncooked dough in the middle of a nice-looking loaf. For the second tried I left out the 2 tablespoonfuls of water leaving everything else the same (w 1 Tbsp yeast), and it was beautiful. We loved it! (I also added 2 Tbsp Splenda and 1 teaspoon of nutmeg because we like our sweet bread sweet! This is definitely a keeper!