Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the first thing I ever made with quinoa. If you've never tried Annie's dressings, you simply must!
- 1 large chopped onion (in long pieces)
- 10 cloves garlic (or more if you like)
- Annie's Goddess Dressing (or any other dressing you like)
- baby carrots (or large ones cut into baby size)
- peeled and sliced potato (in thin rounds)
- green beans
- sliced bell pepper
- peeled and sliced beets (in thin rounds) or peeled and sliced squash (in thin rounds)
- peeled and sliced eggplant
- bok choy
- Remember, veggies will cook according to texture and thickness, so cook harder veggies, like potatoes, squash and beets together, and others separately.
- Coat like veggies in Annie's (or your other favorite) dressing.
- Spread on lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Put in 500-degree oven until veggies are roasted and soft.
- When veggies are about halfway done, take off sheet and mix in bowl, then spread back out again and continue baking.
- This ensures uniform coating.
- While veggies are roasting, cook quinoa, as you would rice (Just boil and drain).
- Drain and serve with roasted veggies on top.
- I even splash a dollop of Annie's on top of my plate!
This rating is completely dependent on liking vegetables a lot. My children didn't like it, nor was my husband thrilled, but I really liked it. I will definately try it on my mother when she comes to visit though because she is a vegetarian and I believe she would rate it five stars.
I just used the vegetables I had on hand that had to be used and it was my first time tasting quinoa. I love the ease of this recipe (I used Zesty Italian dressing). Quinoa is an interesting change from rice and bulgar. Will use this again.