1/1 Photo of Quinoa-Stuffed Green Bell Peppers
1 hr 5 mins
Haven't tried this myself; posted in response to a quinoa discussion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 4 sweet green peppers
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels or 1 cup canned corn kernel
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh coriander (, substitute parsley if you wish) or 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro (, substitute parsley if you wish)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup fresh whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1Rinse quinoa under cold water; drain well.
- 2In a saucepan, bring 1 cup of water to boil and then stir in quinoa.
- 3Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until the water is absorbed and quinoa is translucent.
- 4Cut 1/2-inch off top of green peppers and remove seeds.
- 5In a large saucepan filled with boiling water, cook peppers for 5 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- 6Remove from water and drain well, upside down.
- 7In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat and cook onion until tender; stir in mushrooms, quinoa, corn, half the coriander, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic and pepper flakes.
- 8Stuff this mixture into peppers.
- 9Sprinkle with bread crumbs and remaining coriander.
- 10Bake in a greased 8-inch baking dish in a preheated 350F (180C) oven for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa-Stuffed Green Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.7
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 262.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh whole wheat bread crumbs