Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quinoa doesn't get the attention it deserves. This is a delicious, protein-packed dish.
Make and share this Quinoa pilaf with pine nuts recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 green bell pepper
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 cups quinoa
- 3 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels or 3 cups frozen corn kernels
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread nuts in a single layer on an unoiled baking sheet.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes, or until slightly deepened in color.
- Set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, saute onions and garlic in oil until softened.
- Add bell pepper, cumin and coriander; continue to saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While vegetables cook, place quinoa in a fine sieve and rinse well under cold running water for 1-2 minutes.
- Add rinsed quinoa and water to saucepan, cover tightly and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Stir in basil and corn, and cook 5-10 minutes longer, or until quinoa is tender.
- Stir to fluff it, add salt and pepper to taste and top with toasted pine nuts.
This came out pretty good, though a bit dry. The garlic was not overpowering. I think next time I will dress it up with a bit of parmesan.