Here's a great healthy grain salad!
Make and share this Quinoa-Apple Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Pour the quinoa into a fine strainer and rinse it well under cold water.
- In a 2 quart saucepan combine the quinoa and 2 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to low and cover, simmering for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- In a wide shallow bowl combine vinegar, apple juice concentrate, allspice, pepper and garlic.
- Add the quinoa and stir occasionally until cooled, around 10 minutes.
- Core the apple and chop it into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Mix the apple, carrot, onion and mint with the quinoa mixture.
- Line a serving platter with the lettuce and mount the quinoa salad on top.