Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here's a great healthy grain salad!
Make and share this Quinoa-Apple Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons frozen apple juice concentrate
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large Red Delicious apple
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped mint
- butter lettuce leaf
- Pour the quinoa into a fine strainer and rinse it well under cold water.
- In a 2 quart saucepan combine the quinoa and 2 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to low and cover, simmering for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- In a wide shallow bowl combine vinegar, apple juice concentrate, allspice, pepper and garlic.
- Add the quinoa and stir occasionally until cooled, around 10 minutes.
- Core the apple and chop it into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Mix the apple, carrot, onion and mint with the quinoa mixture.
- Line a serving platter with the lettuce and mount the quinoa salad on top.
This was quite tasty -- I enjoyed it. Fresh and summery. When I make this again the only thing I'll do differently will be to reduce the vinegar (I found it a bit too tangy for my taste). Thanks for a good quinoa recipe!
I really liked all of the ingredients that went into this dish but the apple cider vinegar was too over powering. I would have halved the amount that is recommended. I would have added more of the all spice and perhaps some ginger. I will definitely make this again with these changes. It was very quick, easy and light....great for summer!