1/1 Photo of Quinoa-Apple Salad
Here's a great healthy grain salad!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour the quinoa into a fine strainer and rinse it well under cold water.
- 2In a 2 quart saucepan combine the quinoa and 2 cups of water.
- 3Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to low and cover, simmering for 15 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5In a wide shallow bowl combine vinegar, apple juice concentrate, allspice, pepper and garlic.
- 6Add the quinoa and stir occasionally until cooled, around 10 minutes.
- 7Core the apple and chop it into 1/4 inch cubes.
- 8Mix the apple, carrot, onion and mint with the quinoa mixture.
- 9Line a serving platter with the lettuce and mount the quinoa salad on top.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa-Apple Salad
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.1
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 4.5 g