1/2 Photos of Quick Veggie Masala
This dish is quick when you already have the rice cooked. You can also save time and add nutrition by not pealing the potatoes. The key ingredient is the curry paste that can be purchased in jars and comes in a variety of blends and degrees of heat - from mild to extra hot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil or steam potatoes for 15 minutes.
- 2In a separate pot, sauté onion, oil and curry paste until onion is browned.
- 3Stir in vegetables, potatoes, water and tomatoes and cook gently until tender.
- 4Sprinkle with lemon juice and serve over generous portions of brown rice.
- 5Variations: Add cooked chickpeas or lentils for an extra hit of protein. This dish also goes very well with rotis or chapattis.
- 6Source: Vegetarian Tastes of Toronto, p. 77. Photo PJ.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Veggie Masala
Serving Size: 1 (550 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 615.8
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 25.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 121.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.3 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 17.3 g