1/1 Photo of Quick Skillet Black Beans and Rice
Tee Lee's Note:
This easy, delicious dish is a great way to get healthy whole-grains and fiber into your diet. It could be a vegetarian or meatless main dish or even a side dish. It is simple to prepare and quick. If you like more spice, add a little cayenne.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained (I like Mexican or Italian style)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
- 1In large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high.
- 2Add onion and cook about 3 minutes until tender.
- 3Stir in remaining ingredients EXCEPT rice.
- 4Bring to a boil then stir in rice.
- 5Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Skillet Black Beans and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.1
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 251.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 11.9 g