1/1 Photo of Quick-n-Zingy Orange Porridge (2-ingredients)
Quick, because it's microwaved, and zingy because of the unsweetened orange juice! Try this for a healthy, nutritious and simply delicious start to your day!
My Private Note
bowl of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup oat bran
- 2/3 cup cold unsweetened orange juice (I use Tropicana)
- 1Combine oat bran and orange juice in a medium sized microwave-safe bowl.
- 2Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes; watch constantly and stop cooking when mixture threatens to bubble over the sides of the bowl.
- 3Stir occasionally.
- 4After 2 minutes, check to see if all the orange juice has been absorbed.
- 5If not, microwave for another 30 seconds to a minute.
- 6Stir, and, if desired, top with fresh orange slices (or any other"compatible" fruit) for a yummy, citrusy breakfast!
- 7Note: Microwave times will vary so adjust cook time accordingly; this recipe simply provides a rough guideline.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick-n-Zingy Orange Porridge (2-ingredients)
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.7
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 6.5 g