Quick, because it's microwaved, and zingy because of the unsweetened orange juice! Try this for a healthy, nutritious and simply delicious start to your day!
- 1⁄3 cup oat bran
- 2⁄3 cup cold unsweetened orange juice (I use Tropicana)
- Combine oat bran and orange juice in a medium sized microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes; watch constantly and stop cooking when mixture threatens to bubble over the sides of the bowl.
- Stir occasionally.
- After 2 minutes, check to see if all the orange juice has been absorbed.
- If not, microwave for another 30 seconds to a minute.
- Stir, and, if desired, top with fresh orange slices (or any other"compatible" fruit) for a yummy, citrusy breakfast!
- Note: Microwave times will vary so adjust cook time accordingly; this recipe simply provides a rough guideline.
This was a tasty, intensely orange porridge. A great way to start my day! I microwaved for 2 minutes 45 seconds. Thanks for the idea -- now I will have to try this with other kinds of juice! UPDATE: I have made this more than once, also trying apple juice instead of orange juice. I find that half water and half juice is what I like best -- not overly intense, but still with a nice fruity flavour.
A poetic name this wonderful porridge does have! I started off my day with this today and loved the citrusy flavour it had. I used fresh orange juice(of 2 oranges).I microwaved the oats and juice mixture on HIGH for a total of 3 minutes. I didn't have it with any fruits, I just enjoyed it hot by itself:)
I enjoyed this and used fresh squeezed juice and topped it with a diced apple - made a great snack after my gym session - so quick too !!!