Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Serve with Ezekiel or whole grain tortilla shells. Add sliced avocados, lettuce, tomatoes, or whatever else you like. For those who like things hot and spicy!
- 1 whole green pepper, chopped
- 1 whole onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package soy crumbles
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup water or 1 cup broth
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 jalapeno peppers or 5 slices canned chili peppers, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (to taste)
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil or 2 teaspoons clarified butter, for sauteeing
- Saute onions, green pepper, and crumbles together.
- Add rest of ingredients.
- Simmer until cooked through.
- For Vegan do not use the butter.
wow. this was great! i really liked the combination of flavors. perfect for a busy night! thanks
Quick, easy, and delicious. I added a dried red chili pepper and a clove of garlic.