Amanda the Great!'s Note:
Let's see if I can remember this recipe... I threw together some ingredients one night because some veggies were starting to go bad, and it ended up being the BEST veggie dish I've EVER made. So, ayway, I hope I get this right! (dont you hate it when you cant remember something you threw together?) You could probably just wrap all these ingredients up in foil and cook it over a campfire too. Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray a large skillet with your non fat cooking spray (or use some EVOO, if you don't care about the calorie count).
- 2Over medium-high heat, fry up your chopped onion until translucent along with the garlic.
- 3Throw in your thinly sliced zucchini (but not paper-thin! just -- kinda thin).
- 4Fry the two ingredients together until both ingredients are nice and brown.
- 5While the zucchini and onions are cooking, slice your carrot into fettuchini-like strips using a peeler. (I dont know how else to describe it -- ).
- 6Technique: Once you've peeled off the skin of the carrot and discarded that part, continue to use the peeler to "peel" away the rest of the carrot. The results should look kind of like orange pasta.
- 7Do NOT! use the outer strips of the carrot, as the skin is tough and bitter.
- 8Once the zucchini mixture is cooked to your liking, remove the mixture from the skillet and put the "carrot pasta" into the skillet.
- 9Fry breifly, so that the carrot strips are slightly tender.
- 10Mix carrot in with the zucchini mixture.
- 11Drizzle with lemon juice.
- 12Salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick N' Easy Cooked Zucchini Salad
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.2
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 64.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 4.0 g