Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Let's see if I can remember this recipe... I threw together some ingredients one night because some veggies were starting to go bad, and it ended up being the BEST veggie dish I've EVER made. So, ayway, I hope I get this right! (dont you hate it when you cant remember something you threw together?) You could probably just wrap all these ingredients up in foil and cook it over a campfire too. Yum!
- Spray a large skillet with your non fat cooking spray (or use some EVOO, if you don't care about the calorie count).
- Over medium-high heat, fry up your chopped onion until translucent along with the garlic.
- Throw in your thinly sliced zucchini (but not paper-thin! just -- kinda thin).
- Fry the two ingredients together until both ingredients are nice and brown.
- While the zucchini and onions are cooking, slice your carrot into fettuchini-like strips using a peeler. (I dont know how else to describe it -- ).
- Technique: Once you've peeled off the skin of the carrot and discarded that part, continue to use the peeler to "peel" away the rest of the carrot. The results should look kind of like orange pasta.
- Do NOT! use the outer strips of the carrot, as the skin is tough and bitter.
- Once the zucchini mixture is cooked to your liking, remove the mixture from the skillet and put the "carrot pasta" into the skillet.
- Fry breifly, so that the carrot strips are slightly tender.
- Mix carrot in with the zucchini mixture.
- Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
This was a really good and simple idea. There's not anything I would change; but I admit that I did throw the carrots in with the zucchini when the zucchini was mostly done, just to save a step. One of my favorite things about this recipe was that it avoids the dreaded julienne-cutting of carrots. I will be using that carrot trick in many other recipes. THANK YOU!