1/1 Photo of Quick Homemade Tomato Soup
Chez Desirée's Note:
A quick soup that can go from stove to table in less than half an hour. A regular at my house on weeknights. Many variations can be had by adding different spices and flavours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in soup pot over medium heat.
- 2Add onion and allow to sweat for 5-6 minutes.
- 3Add can of tomatoes, water, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- 4Check for personal taste on salt and pepper and add more if you wish.
- 5Bring to boil and turn down.
- 6** At this time I use my immersion blender to puree the soup a bit. If you don't have one, you can pop it in your regular blender, of if you like it chunky, do not do this step**.
- 7Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- 8Garnish with sour cream, chives or croutons.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Homemade Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.0
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 999.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 1.8 g