1/1 Photo of Quick and Easy Vegetarian Chili
I went through a veg phase, and this was a staple. I'm back to being an omnivore, but I still make this once a week or so. It's great topped with a little cheese (regular or soy) and a chunk of cornbread. If you're a Weight Watcher, this is 3 points for a 2 cup serving. If you're a die-hard carnivore, you can add ground meat, but I think it's much fresher and tastier without.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain and rinse beans and corn.
- 2Heat oil in a large soup pot.
- 3Add onions, garlic and bell pepper, and cook just until onions are translucent and bell peppers are bright green.
- 4Add tomatoes, vegetable juice, beans, corn, chili powder and cumin. (I use a LOT of chili powder and cumin).
- 5Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- 6More vegetable juice can be added if chili gets too thick.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy Vegetarian Chili
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.3
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 432.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.5 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 20.4 g