Prep 1 min
Cook 3 mins
This is a nice way to sneak some fiber into your diet and also have a healthy breakfast. I do not make this oatmeal too sweet, but you could adjust the sugar/splenda amounts if you prefer sweeter oatmeals. This would be great with some chopped walnuts or pecans also.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Add some chopped nuts, if desired.
- Microwave oatmeal for 2-3 minutes depending on your microwave.
- Be careful of the oatmeal boiling over.
- This could also be done on a stovetop, campfire, or in a slow cooker.
- Give your oatmeal a good stir and enjoy with some flavored coffee.
This was a nice, filling breakfast that I really enjoyed. I didn't sweeten it beyond the brown sugar because I don't like Splenda and didn't think it needed to be sweeter. I used milk instead of water for protein and chopped up a pear and throw it in. I'm glad, because I was a bit bored by the end. Still, it was good!
Made this for my son and I this morning. It was enough for both of us. I followed the recipe as written but used Splenda brown sugar blend and used more then the recipe called for as my son didn't think it was sweet enough. This cooked up fast in the microwave. We both enjoyed it.