You'd never guess there's tofu in this dish. For a different version, try cooked squash or sweet potato for the pumpkin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) box soft silken tofu
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 (29 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin (3 cups)
- 8 gingersnaps, crushed with a rolling pin (2-inch diameter)
- 1Place everything except the pumpkin and the gingersnaps in a blender, and purée until smooth.
- 2Add half the pumpkin, and purée again.
- 3Transfer to a medium-sized bowl and beat in the remaining pumpkin until the mixture becomes uniformly creamy.
- 4Cover tightly and chill for several hours or overnight, so the flavors combine and deepen.
- 5To serve, spoon into decorative bowls and sprinkle with gingersnap crumbs.
- 6Serve immediately, so the crumbs won't turn soggy.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Mousse with Gingerbread Crumbs
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.2
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 93.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 20.7 g
- Protein 4.2 g