Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You'd never guess there's tofu in this dish. For a different version, try cooked squash or sweet potato for the pumpkin.
- 1 (10 ounce) box soft silken tofu
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 (29 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin (3 cups)
- 8 gingersnaps, crushed with a rolling pin (2-inch diameter)
- Place everything except the pumpkin and the gingersnaps in a blender, and purée until smooth.
- Add half the pumpkin, and purée again.
- Transfer to a medium-sized bowl and beat in the remaining pumpkin until the mixture becomes uniformly creamy.
- Cover tightly and chill for several hours or overnight, so the flavors combine and deepen.
- To serve, spoon into decorative bowls and sprinkle with gingersnap crumbs.
- Serve immediately, so the crumbs won't turn soggy.