Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great and tasty variation to the usual "Nog". By using soy milk you can serve to your vegan and vegetarian friends.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup unsweetened soymilk
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3⁄4 cup unfiltered apple juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Process on medium speed until smooth, scraping down sides to incorporate all the flavors.
- Pour into individual old-fashioned glasses or into a glass punch bowl.
- Sprinkle lightly with ground nutmeg and serve.
- If you prefer to add spirits, either brandy or rum make an excellent choice.
- To prepare in quantity, it will be necessary to make this recipe in several batches.
- Unfortunately the blender is not large enough to prepare even a double recipe.
- However, it's quick and easy.
- *Recipe will work with a sweetened soy milk or unsweetened soy milk (preferred).
This was a tasty winter drink, that I enjoyed a lot. However I had expected it to me more of a creamy consistency, which mine wasnt. Dont get me wrong, the taste was very rich and everything went well together, but mine was more like a juice than a nog. Maybe that is because I used my own fresh pumpkin puree...
Other than that a wonderful recipe that I would like to make again.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing it here with us, Tish!
Made and reviewed for The Apple Tag Games in the Diabetic and Spanish Forum as well as the Dessert Event in the Photo Forum October 2010.
I don't want to rate this just yet as I made some changes which may have effected the end result. I used regular milk instead of soy and served warm instead of cold and the general consensus was that this wasn't "rich" enough. I think I'll fiddle with the pumpkin ratio a bit or add some cream or maybe even regular eggnog? Used my emmersion hand blender instead of a regular blender and mixed the whole thing up in the crock pot- easy peasy.