Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
Think outside of the box with this flavorful appetizer from Bistro 1896 in Asheville, NC. This gourmet recipe only looks fancy and costs just $0.20 per serving!
- Soften cream cheese.
- In a bowl, mix cranberry, apple and pumpkin puree. (Bistro 1896 uses locally grown apples and pie pumpkins.).
- Lay out wonton wrappers.
- Place a dollop of cream cheese and the pumpkin, cranberry and apple mixture in the center of each wonton.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and brown sugar to taste.
- Lightly moisten the edges of each wonton wrapper and fold into triangles, then fold back the long ends of the triangle and pinch together.
- Fry wontons in 350 degree oil for 5-6 minutes.
- Take out of oil carefully and drain excess oil from wontons.
- Let wontons rest a minute or two before serving.
- Create honey-orange sauce by combining honey and orange slices. Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring often.
This sounds like a really good recipe, but I'm confused about the honey-orange sauce... you don't have the "orange" ingredient listed in any amount. What about orange juice? Since I don't have orange juice, I'm sure that powdered sugar sprinkled over would be just as delicious. This sounds good, though, and I'm anxious to try it!