Foodtopian Society's Note:
Think outside of the box with this flavorful appetizer from Bistro 1896 in Asheville, NC. This gourmet recipe only looks fancy and costs just $0.20 per serving!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soften cream cheese.
- 2In a bowl, mix cranberry, apple and pumpkin puree. (Bistro 1896 uses locally grown apples and pie pumpkins.).
- 3Lay out wonton wrappers.
- 4Place a dollop of cream cheese and the pumpkin, cranberry and apple mixture in the center of each wonton.
- 5Sprinkle cinnamon and brown sugar to taste.
- 6Lightly moisten the edges of each wonton wrapper and fold into triangles, then fold back the long ends of the triangle and pinch together.
- 7Fry wontons in 350 degree oil for 5-6 minutes.
- 8Take out of oil carefully and drain excess oil from wontons.
- 9Let wontons rest a minute or two before serving.
- 10Create honey-orange sauce by combining honey and orange slices. Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring often.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin, Apple & Cranberry Wontons With Honey-Orange Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 50
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 43.9
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 3.2 mg
- Sodium 53.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 1.0 g