This recipe is from Fleischmann's yeast company.
Make and share this Pumpernickel Onion Bread ( Breadmaker 1 1/2 Lb. Loaf) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup water (70º to 80ºF)
- 2 tablespoons dark molasses
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced onions
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons whole caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups medium rye flour
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Measure all ingredients into bread machine pan in the order suggested by manufacturer.
- Process on basic/white bread cycle; use medium/normal crust color setting.
- Remove bread from pan; cool on wire rack.