Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the Epicurious website. Delicious vegetarian dinner. My kids love it.
Make and share this Potato Pancakes and Vegetable Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 12 ounces zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained (chickpeas)
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted, chopped
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled, coarsely grated, squeezed dry in towel
- 1⁄3 cup grated onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- For vegetable stew:
- Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add next 4 ingredients; stir 1 minute. Add zucchini and tomatoes with juices; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until zucchini is tender, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Add garbanzos and olives; simmer 3 minutes.
- For potato pancakes:
- Preheat oven to 300°F Mix first 3 ingredients in bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Working in batches, spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray; add 1 teaspoon oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Add potato mixture by 1/3 cupfuls, spreading each to 3-inch round. Cook until pancakes are brown, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to baking sheet; keep warm in oven.
- Place 3 pancakes on each of 4 plates. Spoon stew over and serve.