This is my favourite recipe since its very easy to prepare. It may not contain much ingredients or nutritious or whatever it is, but its too simple to make for a lazy one like me. And thanks to mom for this simple recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the potatoes and slice the onions not too long and not too small.
- 2Heat oil in a cooking pan and put the mustard seeds.
- 3When the seeds stops crackling, put the red chillies.
- 4Saute the onions in the pan now for a while till its golden brown.
- 5Add the potatoes, the chilli powder and the turmeric powders along with the salt, and mix together.
- 6Add water to immerse the potatoes and cook in medium flame till the potatoes are cooked.
- 7You can garnish with curry leaves [optional].
- 8Serve hot with rice. Goes best with salad/curd and pickle.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Onion Masala
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.9
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 19.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 5.2 g