Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my favourite recipe since its very easy to prepare. It may not contain much ingredients or nutritious or whatever it is, but its too simple to make for a lazy one like me. And thanks to mom for this simple recipe!
- Cut the potatoes and slice the onions not too long and not too small.
- Heat oil in a cooking pan and put the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds stops crackling, put the red chillies.
- Saute the onions in the pan now for a while till its golden brown.
- Add the potatoes, the chilli powder and the turmeric powders along with the salt, and mix together.
- Add water to immerse the potatoes and cook in medium flame till the potatoes are cooked.
- You can garnish with curry leaves [optional].
- Serve hot with rice. Goes best with salad/curd and pickle.