1/1 Photo of Potato-Free French Fries
I used half of a butternut squash to make these fries. The other half went to my "Fat-Free Vegetarian Butternut Squash Soup." The fries are very easy, and have a few more vitamins and less fat than the common fast-food variety.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425.
- 2Seed, peal, and cut squash into fry-sized chunks. The size should be roughly 3-4 inches long, 1/2 inch deep, and 1/2 inch wide.
- 3Use coconut oil to grease a baking pan/cookie sheet. I line the pan with aluminum foil and grease the foil for easy clean up. Coconut oil is very healthy, but if you don't have it, you can use canola oil or a non-stick spray.
- 4Arrange squash fries on the pan.
- 5Sprinkle fries with salt and basil.
- 6Bake fries for 20 minutes.
- 7Turn fries to cook the other side, and bake for another 20 minutes.
- 8Fries are finished when the edges are slightly brown and crispy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato-Free French Fries
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.1
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2334.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 2.3 g