I developed this recipe last summer to use up an overabundance of sweet corn and other fresh summer vegetables. This makes a lot of soup, so luckily it reheats well!
- 6 cups fresh corn (about 12 ears)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 10 ounces potatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 chili pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- Place everything in a 6 quart crock pot and mix together.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours (you can't really cook this too long!).