Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A mashed-potato type of soup. Very comforting.
Make and share this Potato and Kale Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄2 lb kale, trimmed and shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- In a large pan, cook onion in oil until tender.
- Mix in garlic, potatoes, and water; bring to a boil, boil 4 minutes; reduce heat and cook 20 minutes or so or until potatoes are tender.
- Mash potatoes into the liquid; mix in the kale and pepper; simmer 15 minutes more or so, till kale is done, then serve.
Mmm - tasty. I added 1/8 t. cayenne instead of black pepper and I added 1/2 t. of salt. Once those were added, it was great - thanks! (though that much cayenne made it too spicy for my youngest two)
I used stock instead of water and this soup was so good my partner had seconds even though he usually doesn't like soup. Just as a warning to others I didn't cut my kale small enough so it was very messy to eat. Next time i'll cut them bite size...
I love thisrecipe. It's the second time I have made it in less than two weeks. I use a mix of russet and yukon gold potatoes. I also use chicken (or vegetable) broth, instead of water. White pepper works good, too. Delicious with cheese sprinkled on top!