We ate this at our local Indian restaurant recently. I decided to make it myself and we reckoned it was better as our ingedients were fresher! It was very rustic, so I wouldn't stress about how anything was cut..
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (440 g) can chickpeas, drained, rinsed and drained
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons sliced red onions (approximately)
- 1 green chili pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons mint, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cook the potatoes until just tender (mine took 10 minutes), then cool.
- Meanwhile, toss the other ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the cooled potatoes and season to taste with the salt.
- Allow to sit for about half an hour for the flavours to come together then serve.