1/2 Photos of Potato and Chickpea Salad
We ate this at our local Indian restaurant recently. I decided to make it myself and we reckoned it was better as our ingedients were fresher! It was very rustic, so I wouldn't stress about how anything was cut..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (440 g) can chickpeas, drained, rinsed and drained
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons sliced red onions (approximately)
- 1 green chili pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons mint, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1Cook the potatoes until just tender (mine took 10 minutes), then cool.
- 2Meanwhile, toss the other ingredients together in a bowl.
- 3Add the cooled potatoes and season to taste with the salt.
- 4Allow to sit for about half an hour for the flavours to come together then serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Chickpea Salad
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.2
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 340.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 8.6 g