1/2 Photos of Potato and Chickpea Salad
We ate this at our local Indian restaurant recently. I decided to make it myself and we reckoned it was better as our ingedients were fresher! It was very rustic, so I wouldn't stress about how anything was cut..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (440 g) can chickpeas, drained, rinsed and drained
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons sliced red onions (approximately)
- 1 green chili pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons mint, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1Cook the potatoes until just tender (mine took 10 minutes), then cool.
- 2Meanwhile, toss the other ingredients together in a bowl.
- 3Add the cooled potatoes and season to taste with the salt.
- 4Allow to sit for about half an hour for the flavours to come together then serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Chickpea Salad
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.2
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 340.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 8.6 g