A great way to cook your potatoes! This came from Emeril Lagasse's cookbook, New New Orleans Cooking! Enjoy!
- Cut each potato into an even rectangular shape by cutting off the bottom, top, and sides; cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Place potatoes in a medium, heavy saucepan. Add enough cold water to cover, season with salt, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are slightly tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and drain potatoes on paper towels.
- In a large saute skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and saute until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the drained potatoes and cook, turning, until browned on both sides, about 10 more minutes.
- The last few minutes, add the smoked paprika and mix.
- I like to get them nice and crispy on the outside. Enjoy!