1/5 Photos of Portuguese Style Sauteed Potatoes
A great way to cook your potatoes! This came from Emeril Lagasse's cookbook, New New Orleans Cooking! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut each potato into an even rectangular shape by cutting off the bottom, top, and sides; cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- 2Place potatoes in a medium, heavy saucepan. Add enough cold water to cover, season with salt, and bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are slightly tender, about 10 minutes.
- 4Remove from the heat and drain potatoes on paper towels.
- 5In a large saute skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- 6Add the onions and saute until soft, about 3 minutes.
- 7Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- 8Add the drained potatoes and cook, turning, until browned on both sides, about 10 more minutes.
- 9The last few minutes, add the smoked paprika and mix.
- 10I like to get them nice and crispy on the outside. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portuguese Style Sauteed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.5
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 5.1 g