1/1 Photo of Portabello, Baby! Burgers
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large portabella mushrooms, caps removed
- 4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- olive oil, for frying
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 whole wheat hamburger buns, warmed
- 3 -4 tablespoons hummus, for spreading (homemade is best)
- 2 slices tomatoes
- 4 slices onions (red or yellow)
- loose leaf lettuce or alfalfa sprouts or fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1Marinate the mushrooms in the teriyaki sauce.
- 2For best results, marinate at least 3 hours.
- 3Sautè the mushrooms on medium heat until softened but still slightly firm.
- 4Season with black pepper to taste.
- 5Transfer mushrooms to warmed buns and top with remaining ingredients.
- 6I usually serve the burgers with a tossed Romaine lettuce salad and fresh fruit in season.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portabello, Baby! Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (470 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.7
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1671.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 10.3 g