Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
From www.vegparadise.com. This parsnip recipe is intended for introducing parsnips to those folks that have never tried them (or have been afraid to try them.) A very simple, no- fuss recipe that showcases the wonderful flavor of parsnips. As the site states: "When you begin with a vegetable rich in flavor like the parsnip, it's best to keep the preparation simple and allow its flavors to be fully appreciated". Use the best quality parsnips you can find, firm not limp but importantly parsnips that are small, as in the size of a small/medium sized carrot. (Too big and they're tough.)
- Cut parsnips into 1/2" chunks and place into a 2-quart saucepan with 1/2" of water.
- Cover pan, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and steam approximately 8 to 12 minutes or until fork tender but not mushy.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the parsnips to a food processor or blender, reserving cooking water.
- Add olive oil and process until pureed, adding some of the cooking water if needed to make a smooth puree. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer the pureed parsnips to a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle very lightly with nutmeg and garnish with a tablepoon of fresh parsley.
This recipe was 5 stars for simplicty, taste and healthy preparation. Thankl you Cookgirl for sharing the recipe.
This was great! I also halved the recipe since there's just 2 of us and there were no left-overs. It was DH's first time for parsnips and I hadn't had them in years. Thanks for sharing!
5 Stars ! Another excellent parsnip recipe, I scaled this down for the two of us and wish I had kept the full quantity as we liked it so much. I used a little less of olive oil and a little more nutmeg... wonderful flavours and really easy. You know that a recipe is good when you want to go back for seconds and discover that there aren't any! Please see my rating system: 5 stars for an excellent recipe that keeps the magic sweetness of the parsnip flavour and that is added to THE parsnip favourites in this home for a veggie that DH and I both adore. Thanks!